Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Super (1991)


Directed by: Rod Daniel
Written by
: Sam Simon
Starring
: Joe Pesci, Vincent Gardenia, Madolyn Smith Osborne, Ruben Blades, Stacey Travis, Carlole Shelley, Beatrice Winde

I would have ideally liked for the first film on the blog to be one more noteworthy or interesting. But since 'The Super' was the first film I watched, here I am, writing about it.

This is a movie I'd seen bits and pieces of on TV growing up over the years, but had never seen from start to finish. When I saw it was airing I immediately scheduled it for recording. Well, I'm glad I saw it and finally got it out of my system.

It's not as terrible as I thought it would be, as there are some funny moments, but on a whole it's a misfire. Without Joe Pesci this would have been just painful to watch but because he has such a presence on screen, the movie is saved. Barely.

If you and your friends want to have a movie marathon with a theme, may I suggest one? How about a 'Late Eighties/Early Nineties Race Relation Movies Set In NYC' night? You can watch this movie, Do the Right Thing, Bonfire of the Vanities, and Jungle Fever. Hey, it's just a suggestion.

That's all I'm gonna write for this one. In the future as I watch better movies and get used to writing this blog, things will get better. I promise.



Final Verdict: Skip It

No comments:

Post a Comment